Let There Be Light

Let There Be Light

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Roll on Summer

I must admit I hadn't really thought much about winter until this week.  It's been so mild here that my roses are still blooming, my Scarlet Runners show no sign of dying back, the deciduous trees are still hanging on to most of their beautiful autumn toned leaves and my ornamental cherry tree is flowering.

Yes, well - all about to change.  Winter arrived last week with a vengeance, obviously intent on making up for lost time.  Thunderstorms, rain, sky so dark at times yesterday we had the lights on most of the day.  Today only marginally better and I can hear another thunderstorm circling in the distance. 

A great day to bead and catch up with 'chatty' things on the web.  Got to admit I've been paying a lot of attention to the former and not much to the latter recently.  Really need to organize my time better and not flit from project to project.  

Promised the next picture I posted would be of jewellery so here's a pair of earrings I made last week.  Very sumptuous and Eastern looking and almost shoulder dusters.  Not sure that I want to sell these as I just love them, the colours are so rich.  Now to find something to wear with them!

I named them “Salute to Scheherazade” and they're 14K Gold Filled with Vermeil filigrees, freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment